Yesterday, WRAL asked me to check out several still-occupied units at MacDougald Terrace in Durham after many were evacuated because of elevated carbon monoxide levels. What I found was very concerning and will hopefully be addressed immediately by DHA. There were dangerously high CO levels coming from one tenants gas stoves when operated. This also serves as an important reminder to check your carbon monoxide and smoke detectors to make sure they are working properly. January is the deadliest month for CO poisoning - at least two people die each day from carbon-monoxide poisoning in January—three times the fatality rate recorded in August and July.
From Rick & Lori:
Yes, we've joined the 21st Century and started a (mini) blog! Check here for great updates and tips about your current or prospective home.